To Dpbours: Eating children - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Dpbours 2007-05-23 20:03

Hi Christiane,

The atmosphere is very well captured here! Having worked in Africa, I can understand how strange it must have been for those boys to suddenly see white people! Have a look at this note and you'll have a better perception on how they might have felt ;-).
I like your composition! A mix between curiosity and boredom, not that much to see and do in the average African village - and with a white person around it's never certain which of those two emotions will prevail. Have to say, it is quite overexposed and there is something in the left bottom corner that shouldn't have been in front of the lense. But it gives a good atmosphere!

Greetings, Dennis

Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Dpbours: Eating children

Hi Dennis,

Glad you don't eat children! Thank you for your comment. The original shot is a nightmare, really overexposed. It was taken midday with lots of sun and then the dark faces..... But I liked the motive and have tried to fix it with my limited photoshop skills. The dark area in the corner is a oops - it should have been removed. At some point I might replace the photo with a better copy.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Dpbours: Eating children

Oh yes, those dark faces are really difficult. Gosh I know!!
Hahaha, like the 'oops' in the left corner :-).

Have a good day! Dennis