To SnapRJW: A bone of contention......... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great yquem46 2013-05-26 3:06

Hi Leslie
A splendid compo with the long perspective of the bridge
Perfect exposure and nice blue hour colors
however at the risk of being somewhat a killjoy among the compliments, I think it's a tad over sharpened, making the image look a bit unnatural
A great shot nonetheless
have a nice sunday, best regards
patrick

Old 05-26-2013, 10:48 AM
TE Expert

Default To SnapRJW: A bone of contention.........

Hello Rosemary,

Thank you once more for your kind words!

As I said in my reply to Lisa's critique (which you may perhaps have read), I struggled with this for some time - whether to remove or not to remove the stones in the far right foreground. They form - or formed - the base of a huge pillar which would have "mirrored" the main one you see in the north transept and, together with a big arch above, it would have provided part of the main supports for the tower above the crossing.

But I also thought that those stones also fitted in quite well as they formed a nice "ending" for the line of shadows across the foreground too.

The trouble is that I take a considerable time with pictures before finally uploading them. Whether that is a good or a bad thing, I'm not sure. I often think that one's "first impressions" are often right and spending too much time analysing a photograph and "playing" or "fiddling" with it before uploading it can take away from the "spontaneity" of it. You just can't win - and, as Lincoln once said, you can't please all of the people all of the time. It would, however, be nice to be able to please one or two occasionally!

Kindest Regards,

John.