Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2018-09-17 2:57

Hello Gert,

Once again I must give my apologies for having been so long absent from TE. Other things appear to have been occupying my time but this was an upload which I couldn't resist critiquing.

The answer to your title's question is that it was a new Moon that day with only 1% of the waxing crescent visible. The previous full Moon had been on 15th May. But, of course, I didn't deduce that from this clock whose faces are far too intricate for the likes of me to decipher!

A fascinating note and a very fine photograph if this most remarkable and famous timepiece. As is almost always the case with your photographs, a human presence complements the image perfectly and we engage with this lady as she gazes upwards at the magnificent ornate dials.

Lovely light and colours and excellent details and sharpness.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Thank you too for the co-ordinates which allowed me to see this clock and other parts of the interior of this fine cathedral - the little Google man was there but the lady had disappeared.

P.P.S. Of course, I looked up tables to discover the Moon's phase the day you took this - but looking at your picture again, the clock would appear to show the Moon in its second quarter (waxing gibbous). Mmmm.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:13 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Thank you John

Hello John,
Thank you so much for your kind and surprising words. There is no need to apologize for spending your days doing better and healthier things than watching TE. But I must confess I miss your carefully taken photos, and your equally carefully worded notes and critiques. If you ever feel like returning to the site "full time", I am sure there will be a number of people welcoming you.
Kind regards,
Gert