Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Default I'm guilty

As one who removed all of my images a while back, I am one who is guilty of removing other's critiques. It was not an easy decision, and one day I may start to re-post them. However, my reasoning was mutli-fold. First, TE had become a place of bickering and backbiting, and it left a bad taste in my mouth every time I logged out. Second, was the security issue of having images stolen. Although I am a pro shooter, I gladly license my images to NPO's and NGO's w/o payment. However, the prospect of loosing images to nefarious types was also distasteful to me. This was really just a minor reason. The main reason is related to the first. There was a minor misunderstanding between myself and a certain well known member of Canadian of Polish descent that escalated into his sending me a profanity laced personal email attacking both myself and my work. I had posted a tongue in cheek response to a tongue in cheek he left for someone. This happened just after his oft reported "forced vacation" from TE concerning another dispute with another TE member. When I notified TE of what happened, nothing was done. I also tried to explain to the member that nothing was meant by my post, but to no avail. I figured it wasn't worth the effort any more.

I haven't posted any photos or notes since. I felt I should on this thread. Maybe one day I'll be back posting photos. In going back through some of my conversations with other TE members, I realize that I do miss that part or TE.

Thanks, just my thoughts on the subject.

~Vic~
Old 02-24-2010, 09:39 PM

Thanks for contributing to the topic Vic. Every posting helps to develop a better understanding of what has been happening and why.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile I once did that!

Hi TE friends!
I agree 100% but I once did that! I got terribly mad because one of my pictures was erased and in a haste destroyed my whole gallery! I was certain I'd quit the site... but I couldn't and soon got back... well, I regreted my action and understood I was sort of wrong! It was ok getting mad because I disagreed about the deletion of my picture... but erasing my whole gallery with photos and critiques... well, that wasn't right... at least that's what I think now!
My warmest regards,
Neyvan