To Clairedelune: do no evil! :)) - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Clairedelune 2009-04-21 18:17

I don't know about you, but the three monkeys immediately came to my mind. They embody the principle see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Did you know that these monkeys have names? According to Wikipedia, their names are Mizaru, Kikazaru and Iwazaru. Maybe we should give their names to our very own three monkeys/smileys? ;)
That's what I call a clever composition! And a brilliant use of the surrounding posters (one of your favorite theme!) to 'compose' a story.
Did you know that there is sometimes a fourth monkey? Shizaru... do no evil! :))
Claire
Oh... the eye contact... Yes and ... no! ;)

Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 AM
TE Expert

Default To Clairedelune: do no evil! :))

"" And a brilliant use of the surrounding posters (one of your favorite theme!) ""

Truly enough...
I love to photograph someone's else photographs and than run around and collect the monkies ( all four of them :-))) for my extraordinary photographic skills !!!

"" see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. ""

Do you know Claire, that I have no idea what that ( famous somehow)- phrase means - exactly ???
What it's aim...? What does it want to say ?

Oh, well...I have to live with it.

love that smart head of yours
Old 04-24-2009, 12:57 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Clairedelune: do no evil! :))

Do you know Claire, that I have no idea what that ( famous somehow)- phrase means - exactly ???

What??????

Do I have to explain everything to you, mere human?

:)))

In fact, there is more than one meaning... A few meanings picked up here and there:

"It means if you are not exposed to bad things, you will not do bad things."

Claire, the smart head (?!)
"it is used seriously to teach prudence and purity"
"Some simply take the proverb as a reminder not to be snoopy, nosy and gossipy."
"Today "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" is commonly used to describe someone who doesn't want to be involved in a situation, or someone willfully turning a blind eye to the immorality of an act in which they are involved."
"Now generally used sarcastically against those who, through selfishness or cowardice, choose to ignore some wrongdoing"

So... why not use your brilliant mind to find another meaning as well?