Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-12-2004, 01:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Sevilla, Granada

Hi everybody,

Planing a trip to Sevilla in February.
Among so many globetrotters I hope to find some who can give few tips. Such ones not to be found in travelling-guides... To go, to stay, to eat, etc.
If you have something, please contact me, mail to bjsof@t-online.de

Thanks a lot, I hope to come back with some good ones for TE too.

János
Old 01-13-2004, 04:19 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Sevilla, Granada

Hi Janos,
I am not so expert about Seville, so I didn't answer your info request yet, but since no one answered I can tell you what I know.
Seville is a beautiful and pleasant city, like many other cities in the south of Spain (Andalucia) - Granada, Cordoba, Ronda. In the center of the old city there is the La Giralda , which is a very interesting place. Many nice and good restaurants are around.
There is a bull fighting stadium. I guess this is not the season of bullfighting, but still you can have a guided tour inside, its a nice stadium (I have a good photo, didn't post yet!).
You MUST go to a Flamenko show!! there are some good flamenko clubs. You can get more info and make reservation at your hotel, but don't choose a touristic one, the clubs for local are much better!

Janose, I am sure you'll have a very good time there, it is son nice city.
I've been there twice for too short times, and I would love to be there again.
So have a nice time there, and don't forget your camera..
Yitzhak
Old 01-14-2004, 12:39 AM
TE Junior Member

Thanks a lot, Yitzhak.

I really hoped to a bit more resonance.

I have a week(18-25.02.04) for Andalucia, first Cordoba, then Granada, maybe Ronda - and the last 2,5 days are for Sevilla. I'll remember about you wrote, promise.
I have to get out from the rainy, cold and grey Germany, haven't see the sun for over ten days... By a weather like that what can one like me do better - grabbing in the boxes with old photos and negativs...
Hope to come back with some worth to share.

János
Old 01-14-2004, 01:04 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Janos,

Maybe I can add a little bit... I spent some time in Andalucia last year. I toured around the Pueblos Blancos, and stayed in a beautiful little village nestled into a mountain called Zahara de la Sierra. It lies somewhere between Sevilla and Ronda. There is a great little hotel there called Marquez de la Zahara. You can sit on the balcony, looking out over the mountains and over the centre of this little village. It's a magical place. All around this area there are wonderful places like this, and the mountain scenery is breathtaking. (I have photos, but they are not yet scanned). Seville is incredible too, and it will you take a few days just to appreciate a small part of it.

The coast along the strait of Gibraltar and up to Cadiz is also very interesting and very different to the mass of people and housing along the Costa del Sol.

I wish I had more time to see Ronda, maybe next time. Granada and Cordoba are also on my list. I wish you a great trip and hope to see some photographic evidence on your return!

Piotr
Old 01-14-2004, 08:34 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi Janos
Piotr is right. You shouldn't miss Ronda. Cadiz is a very nice city at the Atlantic Coast.
I also recomend don't skip Gibraltar (try to get there in a clear they, so you can see the coast of Africa.
Costa Del Sol is nice, but it's winter now. Gramada and Cordoba are incredible, too.
I've been in Andaucia in 2000 for about one week, starting from Cordoba, than Seville, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Ronda and Granada. It is not enough, of coarse. I could spent a month there.
One thing you will enjoy the best - people are so nice!

I hope you have a great time there.

Regards,

Yitzhak
Old 01-14-2004, 10:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Yitzhak and Pjotr, thank you a lot, to both of you.
It seems I should have wright earlier about the grey sky here in Germany - today I have here a beautiful blue one. Even if it's for just a few hours - it's BLUE!!!!

János
Old 01-14-2004, 05:11 PM
TE Expert

Well Janos maybe I thought you only ment Sevilla.

I have some interesting photos on this adress<p>http://www.johanson.info/andalucia/slides.html
</p>
They are from some days of November 2002 in Andalucia with many pictures from
a beautiful Hotel in the little white village: Benarraba on the road between
Rhonda and Gibraltar. It is a splendid place, moderat pricing and really
fine for a day or two going around in these mountains.
Myself I stayed for 10 days using a rental car for trips around. And as already mentioned Rhonda is a must!

Just tell me if you like more info or to see more pictures from this fine region!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:20 PM
TE Senior Member

Don't forget to scan the travel tips at VirtualTourist. I think the page for Sevilla is <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/3df43/" target=_blank>http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/3df43/<a/>.

Go to the bottom of the page, past the advertising and you will find tips by regular people like you and I. Over 1000 "tips" total.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:28 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi, Jack

and thanks a lot, very kind. Very good photos on your site, makes me mor and more curious, countdowning the days and nights till there.
I also thought about Gibraltar, but it will be too much, I pass. Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba, Rhonda, and who knows what ever else - it seems even so to much for a week.
Every info is worth for me, so please let them come

Regards
János
Old 01-14-2004, 06:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Mike,

and thanks a lot. Just take a look to it, seems to be really useful, with good feedback.
Will spend a "bit" more time there in the next days.

Regards
János