Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 09-05-2007, 03:11 AM
TE Newbie

Default Rejected photo with reason: Common Object w/o Suitable Note

I have posted three photos, but they were rejected with the reason "Common Object w/o Suitable Note." My photos just show off the lotus flower. I have no idea with an automation email from TOS to say it seems to violate the TrekEarth terms of service and therefore has been inactivated.

Does anyone got this problem?

Regards,
Sophal
Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Rejected photo with reason: Common Object w/o Suitable N

The TOS (Terms Of Service) says:

As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the world through photography, shots of common objects (like closeups of garden plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc.) tend not teach us anything without a suitable note, so unless there's a suitable note they will be liable to deletion at our discretion. If you wish to post these types of image please consider using our sister site TrekLens.

Please read the the TOS fully before posting.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:45 AM
TE Expert

Excellent Romain- I was just about to type EXACTLY the same thing!
Those types of shots belong on TrekLens and or TrekNature.

Before posting, people should ask themselves... "Does this image teach us something about the world?"
The site has rules (aka Terms) because they are trying to keep an ongoing theme. To let every Tom, Dick and Harry add any random photo or snapshot ruins that theme for all the other who joined it for what it is.

- Dan
Old 09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi, Sophal.
I think my partners made the problem clear. Personally, I know nothing about the lotus flower. If your posts let me learn where it grows, if it's also a wild flower, if it's just ornamental or has other uses, is it's expensive... I think the posts wouldn't have been inactivated. I myself have posted a garden flower, but with the learning aim in mind.
As for the "suitability" of most posts, I'm going to open a new thread as it's an interesting topic.
Regards
Old 09-05-2007, 03:32 PM

I suspect most of us have posted images at some time which don't strictly fit with the TOS of the site. They don't all get deleted as a member has to report a possible violation before anything will be done.
It is certainly much more likely that a borderline image will be deleted if it doesn't have accompanying notes.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Lotus

I posted a photo of a pond with a lotus which was a part of a aiyurvedic place in Kerala India. Now it is removed. Isnt flowers animals people trees part of earth ?? I used to like posting my best photos on TE but now Im not sure.

Keshav Nrughm
Old 05-10-2016, 07:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hi Keshavn,

Your photo had no accompagning note.
You should have received a mail with the reason: "Common object w/o suitable note". Please follow the instruction on that mail and send a Review Request using the link inside that mail. Then we will able to reactivate your photo with a suitable note.

Friendly greetings,

TE Moderator - Viviane
Old 05-10-2016, 04:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Angry Note sent

read the mail today sent the answer.

Keshav
Old 05-10-2016, 07:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hi Keshav,

Again your photo had NO note.
Can you please send me a note about the lotus flower as described in TOS - http://www.trekearth.com/terms.php :

Quote:
All photos must contain a note of a minimum of 40 characters in order to be uploaded.
Only meaningful notes will be considered, so please do not try to get around the issue by posting nonsense such as " fhgdfhd rthdfjgbnd fgjkfk".
The following other nonsensical notes will also be deemed inappropriate:
using your camera description/exif data as a note,
clicking the space bar until you have reached 40 characters,
repeating the same words or partial phrases over and over e.g.: "this is a flower this is a flower" and finally:
notes that merely describe the obvious, e.g. : "this is a man standing in front of a church".
Notes that fit any of the above criteria may be subject to deletion by our moderators.
It is not permitted to copy and paste large sections of text from other sites. If you wish to refer to information on other sites you must provide a link to that site instead.
Short passages from other sites may be included only if the source of that information is included e.g. (Source Wikipedia) and if the rest of the note follows the Terms of Service guidelines above and is in the member's own words (and language, if necessary)
Then your photo will be reactivated as soon as possible...

Friendly greetings,
Viviane
Old 05-11-2016, 03:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Note

When I was staying on a ayurvedic healthcenter in Thrissur Kerala I somtimes brought my camerea and went for a walk. One of the photos i ended up with was this photo of a pond with a Lotus. A Lotus in India is more than just a flower its a symbol of the divine. A Lotus have its roots in the mud in the bottom of the pond but the Lotus flower is pure, and even if the Lotus is living in water the water its not sticking to it. In Hindu relegion Lord Brahma is reciding in a giant Lotus, Godess Sarasvati is holding a Lotus in her hand, and Goddess Laxmi is seated on a Lotus. In todays world the ruling party BJP have a Lotus as their symbol.