Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2018-06-10 1:49

Ciao Luciano,
this is definitely one of the best photos from Uzbekistan I have ever seen, it well combines the amazing architecture with the blue hour perfect timing.
Fantastic performance, the highest quality work!
The silhouettes of the people add a lovely touch. This is really encouraging to visit. I wonder if you felt safe there and if the distances between the cities were convenient to do. I am just thinking if this would be reasonable trip for my daughter.

Excellent work,
M

Old 06-10-2018, 09:14 AM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: ..

There are many police checks, for other very light, and around I have not seen absolutely delinquency, no one approaches you, there are no tramps, drunks or drug addicts, it seems really an absolutely safe place, certainly better than Milan .... ehehe .... the main cities are about 300 km from each other, we did a tour with a guide and private car really comfortable, arriving in Tashkent and then moving with an internal flight to Khiva, for then return to the capital through daily stages and visiting the main attractions. Do not go in the summer because it's too hot, now there were 41 degrees, if you want you can take a look at the agency we traveled with http://www.sarbon-tour.com/en Have a nice Sunday!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:21 AM
TE Expert

Hello both of you,
I recently read about a survey made globally about peoples' perception of safety in their societies, and it showed that Uzbeks were among those who felt most safe in their streets. Maybe surprisingly, since they live in one of the most brutal dictatorships in the world, which on the other hand means they are surveyed and controlled by the police everywhere. For the same reason I felt completely safe in Syria in 1995. There was always someone watching every street. Unfortunately I don't remember who made this survey.
Gert
Old 06-10-2018, 07:21 PM
TE Expert

Hello, three of you,
Mariusz is always afraid of something . Usually is such countries with dictatorships one can feel safely - I felt safe in Cuba, Syria before the war, Kazakhstan, Russia... My friend with whom I was in NZ went alone to Papua New Guinea and also was not afraid.
As to Uzbekistan, no need to go with the tour. There are high-speed trains: From Tashkent two hours to Samarkand and two more to Bokhara. The longer way is from Samarkand to Urgench (13 hours) - then to Khiva by taxi. Uzbekistan's premier train, the Afrosiyob is a Spanish-designed 250km/h Talgo 250. It has VIP class, Business Class, Economy class and a restaurant car. I travelled by Talgo in Kazakhstan and it was very comfortable and cheap.
Tashkent to Bohara around 25 euro.

Maybe I will go in autumn? I still have no plans .
Old 06-10-2018, 07:55 PM
TE Expert

Thank you everyone for the contribution.

Yes I am always carefully considering the safety.
Very much depends on the traveler. If you are a poorly dressed old ugly man (that would be the case if I was traveling alone) with simple camera you have less to be afraid of than if you are a young beautiful girl well dressed and with expensive looking camera. In my case it is a beautiful wife who like to dress well and a very beautiful daughter who is frequently attracting attention and a camera bag which is actually full of old useless equipment but from a distance looks quite expensive.

We have already discussed the difference if I take photos of a place where there are children around or when a woman does it. It is a real difference.

Kind regards,
Mariusz
Old 06-10-2018, 08:31 PM
TE Expert

Default .....

for me there aren't problems of safety in Uzbekistan, i seen a very peaceful and smiling people..good week to all!
Old 06-10-2018, 09:15 PM
TE Expert

As I understand, I do not need to be afraid because I am an old ugly poorly dressed woman. Probably it is true. But I have the camera quite big that is hanging all the time on my neck.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 AM
TE Expert

ha ha ha
I didn't say that. I just said that wife is beautiful and I am old and ugly
M