Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2012-07-04 1:30

Hello Les,

An interesting note and perhaps just the place to stay if I ever visit Cornwall again - I've not been there for over 30 years. Is this near Torpoint? I ask that because a friend of mine was at the Naval training place there a long, long time ago.

I presume that's the Tamar bridge in the distance in this shot. And what a shot! You've obviously used the long end of that 80 - 400mm lens for this one as the disc of the sun is so huge in the frame. Well composed and with lovely soft late evening colours and with the trees beautifully silhouetted against the sky. I love the little twinkle of the distant lights above the bridge. Perfect exposure and exquisite sharpness.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 AM
TE Junior Member

Talking To tyro: Saltash Sunset

Hello John,thanks for your kind comments.Saltash and Torpoint are only about 7 miles apart but it`s a bit of a tortuous journey if using the ferries!
Actually the bridge in the distance is the railway bridge on the Devon side near Tamerton Foliot where the Tamar Valley line from Plymouth to Gunnislake crosses,the Tamar Bridge is further down stream just around the corner to the left.
We are viewing with interest the images taken at the recent meet up,may be next time we`ll be able to get along.
Best regards Les.

Tags
saltash, saltash sunset, sunset