Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Angshu 2010-02-28 21:48

Hello Biswaroop
Both versions are good, but depends on what you want to highlight. If its the facial features, the Black & White works better, but overall the colour works well IMHO. I might have increased the sharpness a wee bit in the Black & White version as also in the original...why didn't you use a shallower DOF to isolate the BG? But a well done portrait all the same
Regards
Angshu

Old 03-01-2010, 10:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Angshu: Yes...

I agree: sharpness ta ektu kom. Also, the BG is not isolated enough. Both of these problems have the same source: this is a relatively small crop from a 70mm 10Mpix candid shot. Since it's f/5.6, the DOF is pretty large: I should have used a longer focal length. Also, the photo was on the spur of the moment, so I didn't have time to compose the shot with the right parameters. Maybe I should have taken more time... that's the trouble with digital I suppose: I'm not forced to take more time in the photo

thanks very much for commenting,
biswaroop
Old 03-02-2010, 07:26 AM
TE Expert

Default Workshop...

...later today I'll try and do a WS addressing both the issues...the sharpness and DOF! Both can be done in PS, and would do it for fun...let's see!
Best Regards
Angshuman
Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Wow! Defintely greater DOF (thanks to blurring) and sharpness in PP... Of course, it would have been best if I had taken a better photo (with something like a 50mm 1.4), but thanks very much for the workshop!

biswaroop

Tags
digital, dof, portrait