Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 02-06-2005, 03:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Default What is a photo?

Isv this really photorgpahy? Should we take it as seriously as, say, Magnum or a postcard?
Old 02-06-2005, 05:17 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: What is a photo?

hi philip
the photogrphs here are quite interesting. but i wouldn't rate them as magnums or postcard.

i feel that the work in magnum goes much deeper than this (as in with much more meaning). atleast some work of every photographer. whether it's journalism or art. i dont even think that the art photographs there are just art photographs, but they're more like art with some clear meaning. i'm not being able to explain myself well here.

i wouldn't even rate these as VU photographs.
apart from journalism, even VU has art photographs. infact there seems to be a dominance of art over photojournalism in VU unlike in magnum. but the art in VU seem to be expressions more than anything.

this however seems more like taking advantage of the colours and the pattern more than anything. it's not point and shoot because there is some degree of creativity in these photographs.

postcards for me are pretty much point and shoot with some technical things thrown in.

this is somewhere between magnum and postcards. i'd take it seriously, because i would even take postcards seriously to some extent :)