Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-26-2003, 11:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Problems reaching the site

I've been having some serious problems reaching TE latelty, since moving to the new server. I get the message that trekearth.com is not found. At this point i am actually logged in via hotmail. (Had an Alert there). Have any one else been having problems getting here or is the problem at my end? Don't have nay problems reachin any other sites though. It's weard, sometime i have no problem at all and the next second i can't get in.
Adam - do you have any idea of what it can be. Could you purhaps send me the IP number for the site (don't have it anymore)so i can try and use that instead?

Thanks a lot
Old 10-26-2003, 11:52 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Problems reaching the site

I have the same problem one minute I am in, the next out and the site has dissapeared off the ether.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:54 PM
TE Senior Member

My guess is a problem on your ISP's side. Perhaps their DNS (the mechanism that matches names to ip addresses) is not getting updated properly. Or maybe some of the DNS servers that your ISP uses is correct and some are not. In that case, sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.

Probably the problem will clear itself up. If it persists I would call your provider's support department.

I did not had any problems beyond the normal 24-hour delay but I use a major broadband provider in the U.S.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi and thanks,

But it is still strage i think, cause now i'm in using the normal trekearth.com. Have one of swedens biggest broadband provider as well. Well well, if no one else then me and Callie has a problem i'll just hang in there and bug the support department when i get tierd of it :)
Old 10-26-2003, 05:57 PM
TE Newbie

I also use trekerth.com. The other url says I am forbidden and not on some list. Problem is, TE dissapears off the internet while I am working, it happened again today. Will ride the wave and see if it improves. My IP said no problem on their side. But we don't have the luxury of broadband.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:19 PM

Just a guess, but I think someone has installed some site filtering/blocking software at work. Can you get an exact copy of the message?
Old 10-26-2003, 07:23 PM
TE Junior Member

I tried the IP that Caprice wrote and that worked fine, for this time. My problem is that if i close down the window (I am still getting used to Mozilla and tabs rather then different windows - so i close down the whole session instead of just a tab) and then want to go in again, the site is not found. i have no problem once i am here.

I'm gonna try a couple of times from work tomorow, we have a different provider there.

What exactly does the error message say, mabye it will give me a clue as to what is happening at your end.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:28 PM
TE Newbie

Hej Zandra.

I am using Bredbandsbolaget, not sure if that is the ISP you are using.

Anyways, I always connect with www.trekearth.com and I have never had any problem. Maybe it works better if you use the www prefix, from a DNS point of view that is a different name than just trekearth.com, so there might be a difference in behaviour.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Thanks.

I have Bredbandsbolaget as well. I have tried both with and without www, and with different browsers. i guess i just have to ride out the storm.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:54 AM
TE Expert

I use the same url as caprice does and have no problem at all.
I did put it in my favorites as soon as the new server was on.