To annjackman: Cropping...... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great annjackman 2015-06-18 6:08

Hello John,
This is so much about those bright colours and the way that the sunlight has caught the girls' hair. The quality is amazing and I love the way she is reading a map that is also of a bright red colour. I notice that the crop is a little tight and that you cut the man's arm off a bit. Perhaps you tried cropping him about completely and it didn't work for you.
Excellent decisive moment image.
Kind Regards, Ann

Old 06-18-2015, 04:10 PM
TE Expert

Default To annjackman: Cropping......

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your kind words about this one. I liked the effect of the backlight on this lovely girl's hair as well as the way the light seemed to light up and transilluminate her bright red skirt.

Yes, I had a bit of a problem with the cropping here. Actually, there was part of a lady (not a complete one!) off to the right holding the hand of the guy on the right. She, I thought, was a bit distracting and so I cut her out. Somehow I thought the inclusion of the remaining people in the distance was a good idea because I thought they added some depth and distance to the image but, on second thoughts, I rather think that Claude's workshop in which he has cropped out all of the distant people completely is probably a bit better.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default crop

Hi,
Thanks for pointing me to Claude's WS. I like it very much.
Best wishes, Ann