Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2018-08-21 9:58

Hi Gert
ok, so i looked at the photos in the link. Here is my rant for today haha...I have never been a fan of photographers who take a very good photo, but then photoshop the CRAP out of it. Yes, we all touch our photos to some degree, me too, but photographers like the one in the link is too much. We add a touch of color, a touch of contrast and shading/brightening. That photographer takes a cute scene and completely changes the bg, changes the clouds, changes the atmosphere...thats too much, InstaGram is full of photographers like that as well. The original photo isn't even CLOSE to what the final product is. I guess there's a type of photography for everyone, but that's not for me. And the sad part is, we can tell the scenes look great without all the crap added in. sigh...its almost like an artistic impression, and if that's what they're going for I'm actually ok with it. But don't try to pull it off as a
'regular' photo scene, its artistic flare done by tonnes of photoshopping, like a Glamour Magazine of a model. Ok...i'm done...haha. I much prefer your photo here. Its real, its something we can relate to. Sorry to hear you weren't accepted, lets hope for next year! Good luck :)
cheers
Craig

Old 08-21-2018, 07:22 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: Thanks Craig

Hi Craig,
Thank you for your agitated comments. I was not particularly enthusiastic of those photos, but I included the link out of politeness to a "colleague". I guess photography should be called art, just as much as painting or sculpture, and we accept that painters could change reality any way they want, so why not a photographer? The reason I used this photo of mine was just that I liked it the best, as a composition and being the most interesting.
As for being not accepted, I suppose that if they had 50 places available to outsiders, maybe they had 500 applicants and the draw didn't go my way. So I don't feel rejected.
Best wishes,
Gert