Hello New TrekEarth ! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 10:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Hello New TrekEarth !

First of all, welcome on my computer screen! I’m happy to be amongst the first to address you a critique – my humble opinion.

Let me begin with the positive side: composition!

I really DO appreciate that, as a newbie, you already brilliantly master the rule of thirds. 2/3 photos and 1/3 advertisements! Very well seen!!! A fifty/fifty proportion would really have broken this harmony.
Said this, what about 1/3 photos and 2/3 advertisements? THAT would be innovative! Imagine the fabulous Depth of Yield (DOY) you would get!!!!!

As there is now much more place for pretty girls from country X or Y, I DO suppose the Terms of Service have also become less severe for the photographers themselves. But how come then that I haven't found the category of nude photos yet?!?

My REAL concern, however, is colour.

It all looks a bit flat and, consequently, a bit mainstream. Nothing really pops out. In fact, I first thought I saw a new version of Photo.Net.
The same goes for the text colour: greyish brown letters on a brownish white background. Why not simpy black on white? If I didn’t know better, I would think you are sponsored by one or another spectacles brand!

But okay, let us not forget to remain constructive:

I’d suggest a general saturation boost and would LOVE to do a workshop to show you what I mean, but unfortunately, you choose to disable the workshop function on your personal profile. Any particular reason for that? We are all here to learn, aren’t we?
I will respect your choice, but let me then advice you to visit an old and wise photography site with an easy and photography-friendly lay out: www.treklens.com.

Or course, all this is only my personal opinion. Feel free to (dis)agree. ;o)

TFS, but next time better, bro!
Erik
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Hello New TrekEarth !

LOL, funny critique
Nothing really pops out= oh yes
loved the rule of thirds joke
cheers
Old 05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned

Well written ! :)

And yes, nothing really pops out...the whole evening I had that strange feeling of dullness. Whatever the light, the new colors/background look very flat and when you open the photographs full size, even if the quality is somewhat better, there's a true lack of contrast.

Take care
Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
TE Expert

So, let's all go back to the old version:http://beta.trekearth.com/