To macjake: towers - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2020-02-26 3:15

Hi Gert
I added a new paragraph to my Iceberg photo (I wrote the original VERY quickly). I answered your question and I'll do it here again so there's no need for you to go back to my post. Yes of course I believe in Global Warming...I just wanted to clarify that I took those berg shots in August and THAT's why the area isn't full of them. And the dirt you mentioned....I think its actually very cool and interesting because its not just dirt, its Volcanic Ash. Or at least so I've been told. Anyways. I certainly hope you'll live to see it, it's only 7 years from now :) I totally understand how the rain can put a damper on things, here in Van it rains almost everyday in our winter months, and thats Normal. Easy to recognize these city staples of Stockholm, its a popular sight for photographers. But I can't remember....can people go UP the Tall German tower for views? And or Swedens' tower too? Best part about this photo for me is the warm light, it makes the shot. and If you look REAL close, you'll see the exact same orange/white stripes you talked about in Brenda's latest NYC post...see them? cheers
Craig

Old 02-26-2020, 10:54 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: towers

Thanks Craig,
It was the warm light that made the shot for me too, with the addition of the bright colours of the workers. It is possible to climb the towers of the cathedral and the City Hall, probably not the others.
It was a good idea to change your title and note. They could easily be misinterpreted, and you wouldn't want to be compared with that crazy man...
Cheers,
Gert