TrekEarth has a New Owner - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: TrekEarth has a New Owner

Congratulations Adam, and thanks to Ryan and John for their reassurances; they're appreciated!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:14 AM
TE Expert

Hi
I wanna say only ....first ,thank you Adam for creating TE and second thanks to Ryan and John for their reassurances.Remember,TE is part of our life
Keep in touch
Greetings from Romania
Isabela
Old 06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
TE Expert

Hello Adam, John and Ryan,

First of all, thanks for the info and also for letting us know that there won't be any major changes in TE (and the other two sites) in the near future. It's also nice to hear that we will benefit from faster servers by the end of the day!

Since you are offering more manpower and resources I'd like to suggest an area of improvement that TE would greatly benefit from: could you put the priority on implementing a solution to clean-up and also maintain clean databases for equipement and geographical locations? That would really be wonderful! :o)

I take this opportunity to thank Adam for having created and managed the site(s) alone for so many years and wish a warm welcome to John, Ryan and the rest of their team.

Brigitte
Old 06-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Hi Adam, John and Ryan,

Well thanks for the info as well and good to hear no big changes apart from hardware upgrade are planned for the moment, despite the endless critics that can be read in this forum the site is running quite well imho and the community is strong, getting stronger considering the multiplication of member meetings.

Should you at some point come to the idea of implementing site philosophy and/or layout changes, I hope you'll bring the idea to the forum first to gather members feedback.

Best Regards,
Jean-Yves
Old 06-29-2007, 10:17 AM
TE Expert

Hello everybody,

First of all, I would like to thank Adam for developing this addictive site that is TE and for being available when ever an issue comes up... I do hope also that you will allow some great photographers to come back like Claude renault and Simon flydragon. We do really miss their art and their vision on the world and TE is not quite the same since they quit. I think I am expressing not only my earnest opinion, but also the opinion of many trekers too.

Welcome on board to the new operators and owners too, and thank you for being so open with us about your intentions re. the future of TE.

I wish us all some more great shots and friendships that TE has allowed us all to build.

Thanks again from Paris, France

Eric
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
TE Newbie

Default Congratulations and thanks!

Adam,

Congratulations! This is great news.

I've been a member for only one month (exactly, today) but within a week it was already clear I'm addicted, and I'm likely to stay for the ride, since I'm addicted to travel as well!

So thanks for creating such a wonderful site, clearly a work of love and congrats on making a new career move on it!

(As to "face lift" - I'm not looking for one. I actually admire the no-nonsense clean layout, which contributes to its fast-loading pages.)

And thanks to John and Ryan, too, for your assurances. It's not broke! (So you know what not to do. :)) I hope you'll stay around to be full members of the community.

Regards,
Marjolein Katsma
Old 06-29-2007, 10:50 AM
TE Senior Member

Thanks for a full explanation, John. I guess that Adam's post struck terror in the hearts of many of us. We know, of course, that the site is a business, but to us ,it is also a club; a way for forming friendships and exchanging information and views across cultures.
I guess that most of hope it will continue like that.

One question: In the recent past a number of much loved members, and photographers of great skill, have been excluded from the site, for violations of various kinds. Does the change of ownership mean that, there might be an amnesty and that some , or all , of them may be permitted to rejoin?
Good luck with the new enterprise
Old 06-29-2007, 04:50 PM
TE Newbie

Adam,

by launching TE you managed to put together a wonderful community and i regret i haven't discovered it earlier nor had more time to participate...
in fact i never actually took the opportunity to say how grateful i was to share some of my snaps here...thank you;-)
i truly hope that the new ownership will work for you...all the best...

on the other side your decision prompted me to call for a "sabbatical leave" for the time being...

cheers
arturo
Old 06-29-2007, 04:59 PM
TE Senior Member

Thank you, Adam, for the support you have
given us here... and now we are very happy ,
looking forward to the new faces....
TE was like a new world for us, and it will be
again..

THANK YOU.
jean paul
Old 06-29-2007, 05:15 PM
TE Expert

with these good News (for Adam, at least), if TE continues to be a major success, and quantifiable as such, it may be soon traded on Wall Street.... :-)