Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great SophieL 2005-07-20 4:29

This is a great picture Rinie! I really like that ghost biker coming along the trip with you. I like that the shadow is so sharp while the road is blurred by the movement. It really makes me feel that it's me riding that bike and looking through your eyes.

Do you think it's something you would have noticed if you didn't have a camera? I often wonder if my way to look at things would be different if I didn't have an interest in photography...

As for the leg and the bag... I think I would have done without, but I'm not sure. Maybe more would have been better, but I'm not sure. So maybe you did the right choice! :^)

Old 07-21-2005, 02:38 AM
TE Expert

Default To SophieL: Yes, I think I would..

Hi Sophie, thanks again for stopping by, and writing such a nice comment.
I do think I would have noticed, as I have always liked shadows very much, and have rather been fascinated by it. But I do agree with you, ever since I take pictures the way I do since TE, things have changed, I take a better look at my surroundings.
I have uploaded a WS without the leg and the bag, and some more contrast, take a look if you like.

See you in August perhaps?
Rinie
Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To SophieL: Yes, I think I would..

Hello Rinie,
Yes I saw your WS. I like the leg part better (if I may say so! :^) but the shadow is more confused and less mysterious. I like the version you did following Peter's suggestion.

I will be in Amsterdam in August, I'll arrive Friday the 19th in the morning (by road) and will stay at least two days (aboard the sailboat La Cancalaise), I think we will leave back for France on Sunday (by sea!). I really hope I'll be able to see you there.