To Darren and SirWilliam - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-25-2003, 09:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Darren and SirWilliam

Hi guys - thanx for your critiques/workshop which i find extremely useful both in terms of the technical stuff as well as the more compositorial discussion. For a recently started amatur like myself it is very rewarding to recieve critique from so competent folks!

Only thing where we have a slight disagreement is regarding symmetry. The idea of this shot was to break the non-symmetry-rule as the point is not to get a dynamic shot, but to make a 'static' presentation of the girl. Still - a different views always rocks.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:08 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Darren and SirWilliam

Oh, but we don't disagree here about the symmetry ,Mikkel. I don't and can't tell you how to make photo's, i just want to make you aware of the standard rules. I have no opinion on what to do. If you want to follow or break them is up to you. Just be aware that there is a choise to be made. If we would all follow the standard rules, photography would be a craft instead of an art. That would be a limited approach. (Check out the photo's of AleksandraRadon for the art side.)