Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 09:39 PM

Default Pakistan

I have just bought an airticket to Lahore. I am going to spend 3 weeks of April in Pakistan. I am starting planning the trip now (I'll get the Lonely Planet guidebook tomorrow) - I think I will stay in the north - visit Lahore, Mulan, Peshawar and move to Kashmir. I might also visit India (near Lahore) or Afghanistan (from Peshawar), but this is not sure yet.
any suggestions what to visit, what to do, what I should know, any ideas on projects I could work on?
and is anybody going to Pakistan at that time?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:21 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Pakistan

but, Pakistan, of course!!

have a wonderful time!! look at my Pakistan section to see if you want to go up the Karakorum Hightway (KKH) to Hunza valley, or to Baltistan (Skardu), or Chitral (NWFP). I strongly suggest you get yourself a guidebook as (no offence) from your post it seems that you have not done any serious research yet :)

Azad Kashmir is not as interesting as Indian-held Kashmir. Multan and Uch Shariff are interesting for their shrines... Lahore's Badshahi Mosque is mind blowing. But still, Northern Pakistan (KKH, Baltistan, Chitral) will remain my favourite places in Pakistan for the mountain scenery and its people.

check this resource
http://p078.ezboard.com/bpakistantravelforum

enjoy!!

Olga
Old 03-12-2006, 11:33 PM
TE Junior Member

no z tego co wiem to poludnie afganistanu zbyt bezpieczne nie jest, pelno tam talibow i innych band dziwnych.
Najlepiej po informacje wpadnij na forum strony www.travelbit.pl
Old 03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
TE Senior Member

As olga said Hunza is very nice.
If you travel to Kashmir, , you better have good plans , roads are really bad there, it takes time..
A nice place where to go. Peshawar isn't really something great the way I imagined it.
LMay be you can shoot pictures of Bin laden.. Look out for him..
I was there in 1994, crossing over to C hian and shooting a polo game at 4000 meters;
Loved it..
have a nice trip
Old 04-27-2006, 06:28 AM
TE Junior Member

so, where did you go in the end?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:50 PM

I visited Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Balakot, Muzaffarabad and Peshawar. and I also spent 3 days in India in Amritsar. I will try to write some travel tips later
Old 05-28-2006, 09:21 PM
TE Newbie

K2 (2nd largest mountain in the world and deadliest for climbers), lake Saif-ul-Muluk (google it up, it's a very romantic, huge and breathtaking mountainous lake with a local fairy tale of a prince and fairy) and Nanga Parbat (unbelievably beautiful, no words for it) are just a handful places that you must see!