Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great danielswalsh 2006-06-07 22:10

Interesting sculpture Kev;

I haven't seen it before- If I'm not mistaken , this is just down the waterfront from Canada Place, heading towards Stanley Park?

Great detail, and I like the angle you put on it.
Cheers,
- Dan (720 hrs to go);-)

Old 06-08-2006, 11:56 AM
TE Expert

Default To danielswalsh: Hi Dan

I got my grant - so sometime around this time next week guess where I will be?? I may have to put it back a day or two to go somewhere else first - just a day or two but I can't wait!! 720 is a good way of describing it - doesn't seem too long at all!!! ;-))
Old 06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To danielswalsh: Hi Dan

Oh are you back in the UK right now Kev??? I have to admit, I thought you were still in BC!
So you're heading back are you? Lucky you.... going to be checking out the island this time? Maybe take the seaplane over to Nanaimo or Victoria for the day??
Yes, strangely enough- counting 720 hours sounds not as bad as saying 30 days!

The itinerary at the moment is: arriving in Vancouver on July 8th. One night at the Wall Centre (one of your shots), then enjoying breakfast en-route to Whistler aboard the Whistler Mountaineer. Couple days (nights) up there enjoying the great outdoors before returning to Vancouver for one more night and Cirque Du Soleil. Over to Vancouver Island via Harbour Air (seaplanes) landing in Nanaimo before carrying on to Port Alberni.

Looking forward to more of your Beautiful BC shots Kev! You're kind of setting the par for me as it would be 'just wrong' for me to post less shots of BC then you! Hahaha

Cheers mate,
- Dan
Old 06-09-2006, 02:36 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To danielswalsh: Hi Dan

Hi - no I've been back here a week or two! We went to the island last time - flew over in a Beaver from Sechelt to Nanaimo and then went up to Campbell River to see relatives there - just for a day or two - never made it to Victoria.

I'm going now on the 18th but only until the 26th - it will be a full on working trip - I actually have an assignment to rpoduce a photographic exhibition on my return. Whistler would have been on my itinerary but I have to attend a conference now in the UK so have to fly out a bit later - Cirque du Soleil sounds good - I'd like to see their show.

..you are right - you have just got to produce stunning images at every turn....my goal really was more about diversity - I think most of the images work best when you look at them as a set- it's interesting to take a step back and just see them as an exploration of the city.....

already it's at least ten hours less of waiting!!!!!!!

bw Kev