Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Polonaise 2006-09-23 0:07

The photo has its incredible value as a document.
I wouldn't complain too much about quality as well.
Typical journalistic, well executed shot.
Classic banyanman - shall we say?
-------------------
The note?
I'm afraid, both of you gentlemen suffer from inadequate sources of knowledge, IMHO.
The Mozambique sources are out of question and can only be taken as a source of further study and the experienced photojournalist like Peter should NEVER relay on them word by word.
Portuguese sources?
No doubt much more reliable, yet...?
Portugal was one of the sides in the whole affair and one can only expect some 'undocumented" frills in their tales as well.
Where is the truth? Well...My guess is as good as yours, pals.
Little bit of common logic, some historical facts and voila...The Mozambique case is ready to take off (if anybody dares?).
Have a great WE
g.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:48 AM
TE Expert

Default To Polonaise: "undocumented" frills

It only takes a few moments to check the World Bank, IMF, OCDE and others statistics to confirm what I said to David.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:41 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: "undocumented" frills

It takes many years of study to pull the truth out and nothing but the truth.
Basically, I agree with your point of view Antonio, yet there is more to the event than just the statistics.
What is a poverty? How Mozambique poverty compares to the other African countries misery?
Gigantic theme. Fascinating theme.
Gazillions of questions: Why in Africa, for humanity's sake?
Why that continent, supposedly the cradle of the human civilization on earth, since the beginning of times - is in such a bad, bad shape?
Blaming European colonizers for this, is a total idiocy, good for school books and U.N. tribune.
We're are here talking about thousands of years of staying behind the progress, while in some northern part of the black continent, an incredible Egyptian civilization took place.
Today, as we speak, in many, many parts of Africa, the population use a stone grinders to produce the everyday, worthless nutritionally, food for themselves and the future generations. One water well ( built by Romans two thousands years ago!) serves several villages.
What did they do to pissed off the gods to such degree?
As I said before: Your guess is as good as mine.
Thanks, Antonio.
Have a great weekend.