To mbasil: Balance of brightness - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mbasil 2006-10-08 10:46

I like the square composition and the patterns of land and sea. But what's more impressive is the balance of the light. I was trying to something like this for the sunrise, and I wasn't able to get the right balance of brightness between the sky and land. If this shot was from someone else I would guess they got lucky, but I bet you spent some time up here, and have dozens of exposures.
Mike

Old 10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To mbasil: Balance of brightness

Actually Mike I cant remember if I used a Grad filter on this. I took two exposures, this one was best. I always check for those blown highlights after most shots and correct if needed. What is important to me these days is not having a down-sampled 800 image that is sharp but the quality holding up at full resolution. With the budget Sigma 17-70 Its does a stellar job. Love that lens. I shot some nice night-shots looking the other way to Bodrum I may post later in the week. This particular trip was not a great photographic success really because of things I mentioned in email. I am looking ahead to Canada maybe and the south of England along that coast next year.

Regards Steve.