Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Emiel_Skyfreak 2006-10-25 21:47

To me, this is really great work. I just love the dark tones for this shot, I think your PP, not that I have seen the original, is very very good. Real great strength on this one.
Good choice of 'colours', I like that just a little colour is preserved, if my eyes see well, just a bit green on the grass, and a bit brownish colour on that cow.
Real nice composition with that old car, a nice trunk of a tree on the left. The road is placed nicely, good crop.

I like that you have caught the attention of that man looking towards the camera. Superb work man!
Here is the critique you've asked for ;)

Thanks for the note. Maybe you could explain what you did on the photo ? Or upload the original as workshop version?

Old 10-27-2006, 04:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Emiel_Skyfreak: Explanation!

The key to getting this atmosphere in the picture was to lower the color saturation and apply a filter that softened it. How much of it varies from artist to artist. In this case saturation was reduced to almost black and white. The filter is called "Midnight sepia"! I hope it helps!

Cheers,
Eddie