To Miks: Iceland - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Miks 2004-08-31 9:18

I have to stop looking at pics from Iceland. I'm aching to go by now. This is a perfect capture of the nordic landscape. Rough and bare, but still there is lots of life which produces wonderful colours. The perspective of the red road and the crisp light makes this a very attractive pic.

Old 08-31-2004, 04:43 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Miks: Iceland

Iceland is a spectacular place and I strongly suggest you to visit!
I have been there for three times, the first times I went in the winter. It's Ok, not so cold, but a lot of snow sometimes, you need 4WD to get around! But the place is not croweded in the winter.

This year I went there by summertime and I loved it. The country was so green and there were small flowers everywhere. The colours were striking and the temperature was fine. And when I visited during winter the wind was blowing storm almost all the tme, but in the summer there were no wind at all, almost.

I can recommend you to go beyond the usual tourist traps (which by the way are beautiful and worth seeing, but go elsewhere too :)), it's fun to discover your own places.
We drove on route 1 around the whole island and went off the road to find different places and experiences, I can recommend this!

Thanks for you kind critic, I am hoping to see some icelandic pics in you gallery some day :)
Take care.
/Frida
Old 09-02-2004, 02:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Miks: Iceland

Hej då Frida,

Thanks for your advise. Each summer I´m going hiking in Scaninavia with a bunch of friends. Iceland is a candidate on our list for next year, but in heavy competition with Lofoten, Norway. I´ll get there before too long though. Maybe I´ll write you a few questions when I go. Would that be ok?

Cheers,
Mikkel