Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great euryan 2006-11-28 4:55

Are you kidding me? That harsh shadow is the best part of this photo! The shadow under the brim of his hat, and the shadow behind his hands and between his fingers are all my favorite parts of the photo. The colorful wall and door make for an excellent background. I'd have to say this is one of my favorites photographs from you. How's that for a strong opinion? ;-)
-Ryan

Old 11-28-2006, 09:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To euryan: Opinionated

Hahaha... i think that that may be one of the most opinionated reviews i've received yet for this one.

It looks like this picture was fairly successful here... shows you what i know about photography :-)

How has your photography been treating you lately--i remember hearing that you were kind of in a slump. i've tried to dig myself out of mine by taking anything i find the opportunity to, but i'm still on a little bit of a post-Peru hangover, i think. Hopefully i'll get to do a little bit of climbing over Christmas Break and maybe feel a little bit more inspired.

Have a good one!
sam
Old 11-29-2006, 03:55 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To euryan: Opinionated

Inspiration... Yes, that's what I have been lacking. I have been doing some soul searching lately. What inspires me to take pictures? For you, it started out with climbing. For me, it started out with nature. So I think that if I go back to what originally inspired me to take photos, I'll find my motivation again. I really enjoy looking at all kinds of photos here on trekearth (and some times I wish I could emulate other styles). But as far as my own photography is concerned, I'm inspired when I'm photographing nature, even though I've been trying other forms. I think that’s where the frustration came from; My inability get inspired about other forms of photography (I had the motivation). Hopefully I can get inspired with other forms of photography in the future.

Sorry about the long response. Hopefully the act of writing down my thoughts will be somewhat therapeutic for me ;-)
-Ryan