Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PJE 2007-01-11 22:38

Sam very nicely done here. Excellent color contrast between the white water with the deep green tones. I would have to disagree with Dan's suggestion to look up river. What is in that guy's mind. And here you posted a shot to show him the upstream details.

I like this photo just as is. The only thing I would like to point out is the shutter speed of just over a second. It does all depend on the rate of water flow, but I think if you were to take a variety of shutter speed settings you would be amazed how different a 1/4 of a second will make.

Here is a river shot taken at 1/6th of a second and a 1/4 second shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To PJE: Varied Shutter Speeds

Yeah... i kind of kicked myself while looking through these pictures after i got back. i hadn't had an opportunity to do any longer-exposure work before, as i bought my first dSLR in January and live in Oklahoma, home of pretty close to zero interesting creeks/rivers. As a result, i guess i was so thrilled with the concept of long exposures that i limited my bracketing to way too long of exposures, resulting in mostly blown out, mediocre shots. Lesson learned... i'll certainly be shooting more from the 1/2-1/8 second range in the future.

Thanks for the thoughtful critique!
sam
Old 01-12-2007, 06:34 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To PJE: Varied Shutter Speeds

Hey your welcome Sam... I think I was more helpful than that Dan guy.. Just buggin him.. he is a pretty cool dude too and we like to razz each other with alternative viewpoints..

Take Care

Paul