Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delic 2008-03-29 6:56

Hey Ryan,
There I found it! Can't really beat Velvia when it comes to color. I have a similar shot taken with a 28 mm lens but like the wider view better. The colors here are incredible though, and I think you owe it to the rain. One thing I notice is how much the water level has come down since 1996. I've been reading about the drought that started roughly in 2000. It is likely to be a long-term situation with the Colorado supplying only half the necessary water in Southwest by 2050. Check out Richard Seager's work published in May 2007 issue of Science, page 1181. Best wishes,
Hakan
PS: Ever been to Coyote Buttes South? I'll be there next week.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To delic: Coyote Buttes South

Hey Hakan,
Yes, I would have preferred a wider angle, but I didn't know how big this place was. I thought 24mm would be wide enough but it wasn't ;-)
I tried to go to Coyote Buttes once, I wanted to visit the wave, but the Nazi's that run the place would only let me draw for a pass for the following day. It didn't make sense to me, what was I supposed to do for the rest of that day? So no, I've never been. I hope you get some great shots though. I hear it’s an amazing place.
Regards,
Ryan
Old 03-30-2008, 08:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To delic: Coyote Buttes South

The Wave is in the north section of Coyote Buttes. Apparently, south is not as impressive, which is probably why I managed to get a permit on-line. I'm a bit concerned with driving the House Valley Rock Road with a 2-WD for 15 miles to get to the trailhead. Oh well, I guess I'll see the conditions in a few days.
Best wishes,
Hakan