To Spunkie: thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement Spunkie 2008-11-03 5:43

Sinan,
While i am proud to be a resident of such a prosperous city, and of this beautiful skyline, I am at the same time a bit tired of looking at the same composition over and over and over again. While it might be irresistable to photograph this scene, it is not refreshing or new anymore. Of course, one could share familiar beauty, and not neccesary something out of the ordinary. I personally would like to see more creativity in shots if it's a place over photographed.
I fail to see the creativity in this, and it's defintely not a place off the beaten path.
This photo looks like it was over-photoshoped. If there was a creative factor in the retouching process, I would appreciate it as a piece of art, whether it being my cup of tea or not. But to me, it feels like it's just an attempt in making it brighter because perhaps the original version was underexposed? And the graininess, likely from the high ISO and / or the over retouching, lowers the quality of the photo even more.
And I agree with Lukie. I personally like to read notes which are the photographer's thoughts, and also some interesting facts about the place. One could easily go to the many sources on the web to further read into the place where the photograph was taken.
I do appreaciate your appreciation of this skyline though.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:33 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Spunkie: thanks

Sinan,
While i am proud to be a resident of such a prosperous city, and of this beautiful skyline, I am at the same time a bit tired of looking at the same composition over and over and over again. While it might be irresistable to photograph this scene, it is not refreshing or new anymore. Of course, one could share familiar beauty, and not neccesary something out of the ordinary. I personally would like to see more creativity in shots if it's a place over photographed.
I fail to see the creativity in this, and it's defintely not a place off the beaten path.
(The wiew was charming; i've been impressed; i took a picture. It's all! So simple!)
This photo looks like it was over-photoshoped. If there was a creative factor in the retouching process, I would appreciate it as a piece of art, whether it being my cup of tea or not. But to me, it feels like it's just an attempt in making it brighter because perhaps the original version was underexposed? And the graininess, likely from the high ISO and / or the over retouching, lowers the quality of the photo even more.
(This photo is not photoshoped at all. It is just scanned with a modest scanner.)
And I agree with Lukie. I personally like to read notes which are the photographer's thoughts, and also some interesting facts about the place. One could easily go to the many sources on the web to further read into the place where the photograph was taken.
(The note may include the following types of information:
A description of the subject of the photo and how you think the photo helps other members learn about the world;
{From "terms of service" of Trek Earth})
I do appreaciate your appreciation of this skyline though.
(Thank you.)