Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2008-12-08 17:46

Hello Georgia,

The vibrant red and green colors, and the composition itself, sets this photo as a rustic classic. How unfortunate for people suffering from red-green colorblindness (a condition that afflicts 7% of males and an inconsequentially small percent of females). And often people go through life without knowing it. At Oxford University, I had a colleague, a brilliant theoretical nuclear physicist, who was 44-years old when he found out he was color blind. He and his family had gone strawberry picking, and they found out that he was looking for strawberries by the shapes and not by their colors.

In any event, this is a fabulous shot. It brings to mind Leonardo's words, "We need only to observe, and ponder, that the commonplace becomes wondrous, and the wondrous commonplace."

Warm regards,

Bulent

Bulent

Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To batalay: goodmorning

hi bulent,
Thank you for your comment.Really interesting what you mentioned!I love colours and i can't imagine the world without them.I've heard recently about a greek photographer, i'm sorry but i dont remember his name,who is color blind. My friend, who paginated his book, he didn't realize it because his images are really good and with an excellent color balance.I think that even though color blinds cannot see some colours they are able to understand which colour is hidden behind the colour they see...in this way they use their imagination a lot and this is really magic!
have a nice day!
georgia