To KateinDenmark: PP? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KateinDenmark 2009-01-18 6:34

I like the line of trees. For me, they seem very Danish and I love seeing them spread around the country side. This photo you've done well to enhance their line with the lines of water, land, and clouds. My only tiny comment would be that it would be nice to hear a bit more about your pp, because by the color of the water leads me to believe you've done a lot. Nice photo.

Sincerely,
Kate

Old 01-19-2009, 07:25 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To KateinDenmark: PP?

Hi Kate.
Thank you so much for your as ever nice comment.
In fact, I have not done much to the water.

The original picture was bigger with a lot of water in the front (take a look at the GPS coordinates and you will see that...).
I have cropped that out, added some contrast to the sky and sharpened the land a little.
I would have liked to saturate the colors, but first thing is it didn't fit (I think the bushes look a little dead), and secondly the colors truly WAS like this. It was 4-5 degrees below zero, very stormy and by the end of the day.
I have often experienced these "enhanced" colors on Hindsholm - perhaps I look for them here.
You should visit once if you ever have the chance.

Have a nice day.
Jan