Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2009-01-20 1:03

Hello Karine,

It is the ungodly hour of 3:56 am in Washington, and I just got up for a few minute to make a call to Istanbul. What a lovely surprise to see a sequel to an image I critiqued yesterday. Yesterday was the Golden Square. This now is in the aspect ratio of 1.55:1.00, close to the golden rectangle of 1.62:1.00. The colors are extraordinarily vibrant, and the image sharp. Imaginative composition. It is a view that must be captured with perfect light, and you have done just that.

Regards,

Bulent

Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
TE Expert

Default To batalay: Ratio

Thanks a lot Bulent for your two successive visits on my gallery and for your kind words.
It's very encouraging that someone with your talent underlines the progress I made the last few months.
Also, I want to thank you for the explanation about the golden rectangle, I did not know about it.

My thoughts go to the U.S today... Have a good day.
Best regards,
Karine
Old 01-20-2009, 10:48 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To batalay: Ratio

I believe you are a teacher, at least, I know that your English is surpassing. Today I must teach a couple of classes (nuclear physics at 8:00-9:00 and quantum mechanics from 11:00-12:40). Otherwise, I may have gone to the Inauguration. However, the Obama Fever has elevated the present Inauguration to one of a coronation. The roads to Washington, an hour north of my home, are clogged, and in many places closed by crazy drivers. I will watch the event from home. Thank you for the kind remarks.

Bulent
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To batalay: Ratio

Oh no, I'm not a teacher at all. This is just the remains of about 10 years of English at school that I try to keep by listening movies in original version or reading a few in English... And TE also helps me to improve, I hope !
I know that I still do many mistakes, but the principal is to be understood ;o)

Regards
Karine