Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great avene 2012-02-08 6:51

the white letters are quite distracting, and, sadly, do nothing to help prevent the theft if someone is really determined to get your photo. as somebody with decades of experience in photography wisely told me "the only way to avoid online theft is to avoid posting online"...
apart from the letters the photo is great, love how the stones create natural frame and how the water looks like liquid gold.

best,
Kristine

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
TE Newbie

Default To avene: Thank you

Hi Kristine,

Thank you, this is one of the most useful feedback I received regarding the watermarks.

Thank you again.
Rich
Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
TE Senior Member

I hope it doesn't mean you will stop posting online I myself am too lazy to bother with watermarks, and I usually post fairly small files to be of any interest to thieves. from what I heard, instead of using such clearly visible watermarks that can be cloned away in minutes, some insert tiny signatures in more unusual places, for example, in your photo it might be a small sign on one of the rocks in the foreground that would not be immediately noticeable. but I'm no expert on this, I'm sure you can find much useful information on the web.

best,
Kristine