Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great bj40 2012-04-09 11:59

Hi Cris, The lyrics of songs figure in the title of your photos quite a bit , this one is no exception it fits well here , its one of my favorites.Good work with that big lens .Thanks Tom.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
TE Expert

Default To bj40: re:

hi tom,
thanks!
I am getting used to the weight of the lens - together with the 85mm it has become my favourite lens
the song - well, I had this English teacher, the first English teacher and the best teacher I ever had, who used to use music to get our ears accustomed to the sound of English language. he would come to class with his small tape recorder, fill up the blackboard with white lines and play the song. each line was a word of the song we were listening to and our task was to recognize the words. Simon and Garfunkel was a favourite group of his and Slip Slidin' Away one of the songs he used to play. April was another one; my favourite was The Boxer
He has Parkinson now, I haven't heard form him for a while so I am not sure how he is doing. I have known him for 35 years - many of the things I have learned in school and in life I owe to him.
c.