To macjake: Good Teacher - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2012-12-29 4:06

Hi Andre
I'll use this photo and your latest post too, as a teaching tool if you don't mind! :)

With this photo, its best to keep the extreme foreground In-focus, and use a small aperature for the remainder of the subject. Meaning focus on the near stone wall here, and use something like a F18 or F22 so the rest of the wall is sharp too. There's enough light available in the daytime that even at F22 a shutter speed should be attainable handheld.

and for your latest post, as the WS shows, its best to place your subjects hear one side or the other side near the 1/3 mark - its just more pleasing to the eye that way.

Just a couple things to keep in mind when shooting :)

Hope you don't mind me saying so, just wanting to help.

Cheers
Craig

Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
TE Newbie

Default To macjake: Good Teacher

Hi Craig
of course I don't mind at all if you give me some good advice for improving the pictures. I think it is a typical beginners error to put the subject into the centre of the picture - I'll try to keep in mind to change that - especially because that was commented several times. Many things to keep in mind when shooting...
Thanks very much for your advice with the stone wall. I thought that F10 would be fine and focus on the middle part of the wall, but it turns out that it is really slightly disturbing for the viewer to see the far end and the foreground not sharp. Well, I'll come back to the Giant's Causeway for sure - and then I get a new chance.
Thanks again a lot that you took your time to comment and I am absolutely fine with advice from you.
Have a great 2013!!!
Andre