To InasiaJones: re: - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great InasiaJones 2014-08-26 14:25

Ciao Cristina,

I like your note, it made me laugh.

As much as I am passionate about photography, my camera remains in my bag most of the time under such conditions, even while being in iconic places.... I just feel depressed and uninspired, knowing that my shots will not convey any special appeal, as without light, there is no photography.

But you know what, I think that in some circumstances, the subject might suit the crappy weather, like this one you've nailed down. Look, the sky refuses to cooperate in any possible way, but this particular landscape do match the rainy and sad conditions, almost gaining a dramatic aura - like in a Ingmar Bergman movie... The Seventh Seal...

despite any favorable conditions, you have achieved good contrasts, a wide grayscale range, and an interesting transparency on the shallow water that might have not been possible, should the light would have been different.

Not a fan of black and white, but this shot has a vintage look that I can't explain, not coming from the subject itself, but from the finish, the impression.

Quirky title.

Cheers!

André

Old 09-09-2014, 09:54 PM
TE Expert

Default To InasiaJones: re:

hi Andre',

well, thanks a lot for this personal and detailed comment - it's so good to hear from you again!
I tend to agree with you on the subject of the weather - even for b/w photos, nothing beats a day of glorious sunlight... however sometimes you want to challenge yourself (or the camera) and try anyway
the vintage look - well, yes, I like high contrast and texture and I associate them with a kind of sepia "feeling"... I don't always get the tones right but the search for the perfect sepia keeps me going

Have a good rest of the week!
c.