Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2017-11-11 2:34

Hello Gert,
So now you live in a work of art!
A great idea of the city council officials not just to remove the ugly graffiti but to provide these walls with beautiful murals. I have no idea how big the problem with graffiti is but possiblly Stockholm will turn into a multi coloured city. (I'm talking about the buildings of course)
I really like the picture in the WS with the light shining through the trees on the part of the wall above the mural. At first I wondered what was that colour. From that photo I can deduce that you get lots of outside light in your apartment. Very important, I think. I have it also where I live.
Best regards, Paul

Old 11-11-2017, 10:58 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: light

Thank you Paul,
There used to be a "zero tolerance" to all kinds of graffiti in Stockholm, making no difference between ugly tags and nice paintings. But with a change of local government in 2014, from centre-right to centre-left, the attitude has changed and recently several large murals like this have been tolerated and even officially promoted. I hope this painting will keep the vandals away.
I am the only one in any of our two houses who has windows facing east, south and west, so I have very good light on bright days.
Have a nice weekend,
Gert
Old 11-11-2017, 12:36 PM
TE Expert

Hi Gert,

In my apartment I've also windows almost the entire way from east over south to west.
During three seasons I can see the sunrise and the sunset from in my living room/dining room.
Only in summertime the sun comes up a bit too early

I find the natural light inside the place where people live very important.

Best wishes,
Paul