Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great holmertz 2017-11-11 3:02

Hello Chris,
I have seen very little of Norway even though it's our closest neighbour and I grew up just by the border. I know it's one of the most beautiful countries in Europe, so it's a shame I haven't been there so often. (It's also one of the most expensive countries.) This is a lovely view giving us a good idea of the beauty of the village. Very nice colours and clarity.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 11-11-2017, 11:26 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Expensive

Hi Gert

It's the same in Australia. It would cost me about 3k euro to see the Kimberleys in western Australia and for the same price I can fly to Bali and return from Bangkok. Or Hong Kong, Manilla or Seoul. It's the same with Adelaide, the Barossa Valley, Kangaroo Island and Mount Gambier. Again it's cheaper to fly to New Zealand. So there are large parts of my expensive country I have never seen. It's funny, but many Swedes, Brits and Germans have seen a lot more of Australia than I have, but much less of Europe than I have seen. I guess when you live in the same continent you assume it is close and will always be there, so you'll do it later.

Cheers
Old 11-11-2017, 11:47 AM
TE Expert

I have been practically all over Turkey and India but have only seen a small part of my own country. I guess it's quite typical.