Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2019-08-14 17:20

hello Paul, I think that in the Lake District there are not so many forests, as I remember. here there is nothing so characteristic that could be identified where the picture was taken. The trees seem eucalyptus so perhaps it couldn't be in northern Europe. I am not so surprised that it is India because I was in Periyar, it is somewhere near Munnar and the landscape is very similar. Funny boats, is it that one person is rowing and the other lies on this kind of bed?
I always think that we are fortunate with the climate in Europe. No monsoons, typhoons, earthquakes, very hot or very low temperatures. But will it be always like this?

Kind regrads MAlgo

Old 08-15-2019, 06:04 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: The boats with the bed

Thank you Malgo,

It are indeed very funny boats.
At the time of my visit there was just a small number of Indian visitors and no foreigners at all and I didn't see anyone rowing in that kind of boat.
But it looks like someone can indeed enjoy lying on the bed while another is rowing. And then alternate after a while.
I did not ask my tuk tuk driver to row for me while lying on the bed. That would be rude, I think.

I haven't been to Periyar. In my guidebook it's mentioned as a wildlife sanctuary.
Did you post pictures of it here?

Best wishes,
Paul