Photographer's Note

Built in around the 1400's the Tour Leroy (or Tour Guillaume-le-Roy) is one of the remaining fortifications in the city of Caen. Built out of Caen stone, the building was used to defend the port of Caen and used later as a jail for smugglers.
At one point it was linked to a wall and another tower but those have since been destroyed and the river that once passed close to the tower has been covered over making it the interesting lone tower we see today. Source :

Photo Information
Viewed: 710
Points: 36
  • None
Additional Photos by Gueguel Miguel (Miguel82) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 5592 W: 0 N: 4845] (38413)
View More Pictures