Photographer's Note

Gyles' Quaywas named after Ross Gyles who build a wood structure there in 1780. It was later rebuilt in stone in 1824 and survives to this day.
The long isolated beach with accessible hinterland made it very attractive to smugglers who used the beach for importing wine and tobacco. In 1823 the authorities constructed a coastguard watch station to limit the illegal imports

Nobody trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Dee Mull (DeeMull) Silver Note Writer [C: 0 W: 0 N: 17] (112)
  • Genre: Lieux
  • Medium: Noir & blanc
  • Date Taken: 2011-04-28
  • Categories: Vie quotidienne
  • Exposition: f/5.6, 1/350 secondes
  • Versions: version originale
  • Date Submitted: 2011-06-05 13:14
Viewed: 2419
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Dee Mull (DeeMull) Silver Note Writer [C: 0 W: 0 N: 17] (112)
View More Pictures