Photos

Photographer's Note

See a large view and the interior in the WS.
Dedicate to the Paris victims.

The Basilica Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sorrows is an important Catholic place of worship located in the municipality of Castelpetroso, Isernia, and belonging to the Archdiocese of Campobasso-Bojano.
According to the testimony of the visionaries, the Virgin Mary first appeared March 22, 1888 to two shepherdesses named Serafina and Bibiana in Cesa between Saints, on the slopes of Mount Patalecchia. This first appearance was followed by others and, following the recognition of this phenomenon, Pope Paul VI proclaimed patron saint Our Lady of Sorrows of Castelpetroso Molise on December 6, 1973.
he nineties of the nineteenth century, it was decided to build a shrine at the site of the apparitions, but further down than this, that he might be more easily reached by pilgrims. The project was entrusted to Joseph Gualandi, whose death (1944) was succeeded by his son Francis.
The day September 28, 1890 was laid the first stone and began the construction of the sanctuary. It proceeded slowly because of economic problems and the two world wars: in 1907 it was finished and opened for worship the chapel of the Poles, but the perimeter walls of the church were brought to fruition in 1950. In the following decades he completed the sanctuary It was consecrated September 21, 1975 by the Bishop of Campobasso-Boiano Alberto Carinci.(translate from WIKI)

BASILICA DELL'ADDOLORATA.

La Basilica Santuario di Maria Santissima Addolorata, o semplicemente Basilica dell'Addolorata è un importante luogo di culto cattolico situato nel comune di Castelpetroso, in provincia di Isernia, e appartenente all'Arcidiocesi di Campobasso-Boiano.
Secondo la testimonianza delle veggenti, la Vergine Maria apparve la prima volta il 22 marzo 1888 a due pastorelle di nome Serafina e Bibiana in località Cesa tra Santi, sulle pendici del Monte Patalecchia. A questa prima apparizione ne seguirono altre e, in seguito al riconoscimento di tale fenomeno, papa Paolo VI ha proclamato Maria Santissima Addolorata di Castelpetroso patrona del Molise il giorno 6 dicembre 1973.
egli anni novanta del XIX secolo, si decise di costruire un santuario presso il luogo delle apparizioni, ma più a valle rispetto a questo, affinché fosse più facilmente raggiungibile dai pellegrini. Il progetto venne affidato a Giuseppe Gualandi, alla cui morte (1944) subentrò il figlio Francesco.
Il giorno 28 settembre 1890 venne posata la prima pietra e si diede inizio alla costruzione del santuario. Essa procedette a rilento a causa di problemi economici e delle due guerre mondiali: nel 1907 fu terminata e aperta al culto la cappella dei Polacchi, ma le mura perimetrali della chiesa furono portate a compimento solo nel 1950. Nei decenni successivi si completò il santuario che venne consacrato il 21 settembre 1975 dal vescovo di Boiano-Campobasso Alberto Carinci.(wiki)

Photo Information
Viewed: 3802
Points: 104
Discussions
Additional Photos by Luciano Gollini (lousat) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 14246 W: 125 N: 25321] (125811)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH