Photos

Photographer's Note

Hello friends and colleagues today offer this view of the Roman bridge of Seville town of San Nicolás del Puerto, a pleasant town of the Sierra Norte de Sevilla, I hope you like it. Here are some letters on the villa.

San Nicolás del Puerto is a Spanish municipality in the province of Seville, Andalusia. It is located 93 kilometers northeast of Seville city, 590 meters above sea level. It has an area of 44.88 km² and a population of 681 inhabitants according to the INE in 2008.

History.
The first human settlements in the area date back to the distant days of the Celts, set in a place called Iporci. The Romans also left their mark, having numerous remains that testify to this, the most important of which is the stone bridge over the river Galindón, renovated in the Middle Ages. According to some authors, the Romans founded on the same settlement above the city of Fortuumade or Fortunales, located in areas of high strategic value. Other experts argue the existence in this place Hiporcia city, crossed by the Roman road that linked Emerita Augusta Hispalis. After the dark passage of the Visigoths, Arabs are the architects of local progress through the exploitation of its silver mines. Also built a large fortress, whose remains (one of its towers) still stand. The area becomes Christian power in the thirteenth century.

In 1594 part of the kingdom of Seville in the Sierra Norte de Sevilla and had 97 neighbors.
Currently its economy is based on tourism and sheep, swine and goats.

Its historical and architectural heritage include the Church of San Sebastián, located in the Plaza of Spain and is a simple but beautiful Mudejar building, inside which stands out, among other things, the font where he was baptized then was San Diego de Alcalá; and the Hermitage of San Diego, located at Route de la Dehesa, a couple of kilometers from the city center, and is also Mudejar.
They also form the bridge over the river Galindón of Roman origin although modified in medieval part of its assets; the remains of a Moorish tower known as El Torreón; Cruise and XVI century stone found at the entrance of the village.
The municipality is included in the Sierra Norte de Sevilla Natural Park and a few kilometers away is the Cerro del Hierro and Huesna Cascades.
Source: Wikipedia.

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D3100
Software: PhotoScape
Exposure Time: 10/12500 sec
F-Stop: f/5.6
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
Focal Length: 62 mm
Date Taken: 2014-03-16 11:49
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
File Size: 1598 kb

Photo Information
Viewed: 1619
Points: 66
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by angel cornejo (cornejo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 4474 W: 5 N: 9819] (50414)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH