Photographer's Note

Peirce Reservoir was commissioned on 26th March 1912 by his Excellency Sir Arthur Young and was known then as the Kallang River Reservoir. This waterwork, together with Woodleigh, took 10 years to construct and upon completion, provided 9 million gallons of water daily. It was renamed as Peirce Reservoir in 1922 after Robert Peirce, the Municipal Engineer from 1901 to 1916. In 1975, it was again renamed as Lower Peirce Reservoir, after the new Upper Peirce Reservoir Park was constructed.

Lower and Upper Peirce Reservoir Parks are known for their tranquil and scenic settings. This is where people can escape from the hustle and bustle of city life to just dwell in serene surroundings. Both parks are 6 hectares in area.

Nobody trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 2018
Points: 14
  • None
Additional Photos by Lali Lulelo (lalilulelo) (70)
View More Pictures