The Church of St Charles Borromeo (German: Karlskirche) is a church situated on the south side of Karlsplatz. It is located on the edge of the 1st district, 200 metres outside the Ringstraße.
It's the finest baroque church in Vienna and was built between 1716 and 1739, after a vow by Karl VI at the end of the 1713 plague. It was designed and commenced by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach and completed by his son Joseph. Although predominantly baroque, it combines several architectural styles.
- Copyright: monika sz (moooniaaaa) (51)
- Genre: Lieux
- Medium: Couleur
- Date Taken: 2012-06-24
- Categories: Vie quotidienne, Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Sony Cybershot DSC W170
- Exposition: f/3.3, 1/50 secondes
- More Photo Info: view
- Versions: version originale
- Date Submitted: 2012-07-08 7:09