Festival of Maxmur by Ferhat UNCT (789) 2006-10-10 - 2006-10-13
The Festival of Maxmur (Makhmur spelled) is a festival founded by Kurds of Diaspora who have not forgotten their brothers and sisters in Maxmur.
It is a cultural festival made for and by the Kurdish refugees living there.
They made own folklore groups, theatre performances, they sang and made an exhibition of Kurdish Art - painted by the refugees themselves.
There were also many famous Kurdish artists (Îbrahîm Rojhilat, Rojda, Xanemîr, Kawa etc.) who came from different parts of world. Just to make the refugees happy. ... (full story) (11 photos)
- SUNRISE AT THE FISHPONDS, MALABON, PHILIPPINES (7 photos)
- Mandarin Ducks (14 photos)
- Vintage Houses of the Okanagan (11 photos)
- flowers (91 photos)
- Australian Architectural Landmarks (100 photos)
- Portages... (27 photos)
- Experimentation (3 photos)
- Formula 1 moments (32 photos)
- La Cheminée de Moretti - 2 (20 photos)