Ancapa Island Photo Tour by Douglas Arrasin (2860) 2006-09-15 - 2006-09-16
Ancapa Island is part of Channel Islands National Park and located about 10 miles off the coast of Ventura, California.
For the nature and wildlife photographer, it makes a great day trip with outstanding opportunities to shoot dramatic rocky seascapes along with numerous shorebirds. It you have more time or are touring this area, I highly recommend staying overnight but it does entail camping as there no accommodations on the island. ... (full story) (6 photos)
Honeymoon in Greece by Douglas Arrasin (2860) 2003-10-10 - 2003-10-24
I invite you to share my photographic memories of Greece. My wife and I travelled there for our honeymoon in the fall of 2003. It was not a long tour, so we were only able to visit Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini. But it was enough time to create many memories and make me yearn to return.
The trip was also filled with several misadventures for me which now I can look back at and smile.
I really loved the food and I never grew tired of the old standbys like Mousaka, Souvlakia, Sadziki sauce, powerful powdery Greek coffee, and perhaps the simplest ... (full story) (9 photos)
- Stairways (57 photos)
- Archaeological and Ancient Sites of Turkey/Part 3 (37 photos)
- Persian Culture (40 photos)
- Mosques around the world (I) (Arab countries) (95 photos)
- Collégiale de Neuchâtel (22 photos)
- Archaeological and Ancient Sites of Turkey/Part II (87 photos)
- Traditional Chinese architecture (36 photos)
- Architecture and architecture details (69 photos)
- Synagogues (52 photos)