Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: WOW I'VE SEEN THE NEW SITE!! - here are my comments

Improvement???
Oh dear, it's a big mess...slow, everything mixed up, no logic in navigation...No chance to see how many points a photo has from the general overlook, you need to go very 'deep' up tp the photo details...When you open general list of critiques photo are signed up by name of author (not nick like always)...when you watch critique by critique then you can see author's nick - where is the logic??? I don't even mention about adds...feel really disgusted with it...Don't feel like uploading new photos...

All good spirit of TE was destroyed...Not everything what looks nice is a good one...
Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: my comments, too...

Hi, Fanni.
I'm an artist too, and one thing I can tell you : I'm NOT gonna get used to this CRAP! The Design, as you also point out, is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL, a complete nightmare! This whole site's is suddenly become chaotic and extremely awkward to use, features have disappeared (the page where the latest uploads of my favorites would show up is GONE, as an example), and it's taking me ages to surf the site whereas in the old version I could move about with the speed of light, the fonts are small and everything is simply messy beyond belief. I like to work fast on a computer, this is nothing but a source of aggravation. The quality of the pictures seems better now, but what's the point if the whole site has now turned into something light years away from photography? I'd gladly pay a monthly fee to have everything back as it was!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
TE Expert

I want the old TE back too. The old one was so relaxing and easy to use. Just the thing after a hard day at work. This new one means we have to work at click click clicking to find what we want.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM
TE Expert

I fully agree... it was really useless to ask people for their feedback if all remarks have been totally ignored. OK, new layout and navigation requires some getting used to, but there are quite few functionalities of the old site that are no longer available despite the fact that they have been pointed out several times in the past month.

And I'm not even talking about the performance problems that we are experiencing since the new site has gone live... :o((
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM
TE Senior Member

in the best traditions of TE we are going from one extreme to another. I seem to remember lengthy discussions in the forum that "old" TE is outdated, ugly, horrible and what not. ok, we get a new one. surprise, suprpise - now we think the new one is ugly and horrible as well, and now we want the old version back. didn't we say all along that we were happy with the old version? :)

anyway, new version needs some improvements, no question about that. I did send in my comments when it was first announced, not sure if anyone read them though :)

best,
Kristine
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Congratulation, it's a nice work !
Old 05-20-2009, 08:06 PM
TE Expert

Fulvio,
so we know what it is and how it feels, from an artistic point of view!
I have created some websites, and I know what a headache it is (at least for me) - to make navigation about the site simple, useful and at the same time interesting!
Well, in this respect good, understandable navigation on TE is one of the features which attracted me first of all when I decided to join TE last year and when I didn't know anything about it yet. But I just browsed its pages a while and realized that this is "my" site.

I can't understand the difference between the Beta version and the current final version of TE. Why did they make a "Beta talk" forum and ask members' opinion about improving the site? I see that nothing has changed. Another "political" trick?

I did not use too many features in the old version of TE, but I had some... including "themes" and "travelogues"... but now I can't even find the "reply" link (button?) to the critiques which I received!

LOL The only thing that seems to have been improved is the quality of the photos which are shown here! But I'd rather see a bit poorer quality than rack my brains at what to do now, with all this design.
What if they make us pay a monthly or yearly fee... and leave the site as it is - in the new version? ;) That would be a "nice" trick of them!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 PM
TE Expert

A couple casual 5 minute observation comments:

1. The overall design seems more pleasant (I just hated the previous color palette of the site) opening the front page; it does get messier as one goes deeper into the pages.

2. Browsing through the gallery for some reason has become very slow...

3. What happened to the photo titles in the galleries?

4. Navigation through various sections seems a complete mess for now. Needs quite some work and clarification.

5. Some have indicated that the fonts are too small. It's not a deficiency of the site design. Fonts do scale in browsers (at least on PCs). Press CTRL key and scroll your mouse wheel up and down to change the display font size.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 PM
TE Expert

Hi Kristaps,
yes, you are right: CTRL + mouse scroll does change the scale - and the size of the font. I know it... But it also changes the size of all the pictures/photos on the page!! which is not good at all! What about those members who have small monitors?? like 1024x780??
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 PM
TE Newbie

bonjour,

je n'apprécie pas du tout ce nouveau site. moins de place pour les photos, plus de publicité autour.
les photos apparaissent moins lumineuses, le fond met peu en valeur. Elles mettent plus longtemps à apparaitre au changement de page.

cette couleur marron et le bandeau en haut qui reste seul en attendant la suite c'est déprimant.
la police de caractère grise est pénible à lire et parait plus petite car trop pâle.

vos pages galery avec le bandeau du lieu attaché a la photo sont peu harmonieuses.

enfin, il vous reste du travail pour nous convaincre que ce sera mieux, moi j'aimais bien l'ancienne version... en craignant que vous ne changiez aussi treklens ...

cordialement,

dd