Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kokoro-zukai 2009-12-07 20:04

Hello Richard,

You've got one TE loner down there. I should have decided going up the Peak instead of the Tsimshatsui promenade. It was too crowded and limited space to take a position to really have a descent set-up. The entire stretch was bordered by 'volunteers' doing nothing but wave and cheer. They literally obstructed viewers or shall I say 'for safety' they were used as human barriers to avoid people scrambling along the railings which I think was a good reason for this, after all people stated pushing each other towards the railing at the end. Though the area was limited the entire stretch from the Star ferry up to the HK Space Museum were closed! Only infront of the New World hotel and Avenue of the Stars were open to the viewing public. It was a long night, worth the wait seeing the fireworks after.

BTW here's one of my captures down at Tsimshatsui promenade

;)

Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 PM
TE Expert

Default To kokoro-zukai: View points

Yes, I rather thought it might work out like that, I'd done a bit of reconnaissance the night before, and it seemed it would work out like that for any sensible PoV, either at Central Tsimshattsui of Wan Chai waterfronts. There was much more scope for a good vantage point on the Peak circle path, but still very crowded with tripods along the unrestricted parts of the path.

Anyway, you seemed to get a pretty good result in spite the restrictions.