To jmfarace: Thanks for the workshop

• Hi jmfarace, thank you very much for the workshop. Indeed your edited version makes the picture look a lot more dramatic. I do have a few questions as I am not such a proficient Photoshop user.
    1 What does filter/ Poster Edges do? I tried doing it but the result was really weird. Maybe its because I dont understand what you mean by output 50%

2 Idem for saturation, what does output 20% mean. Is it just 20 points to the right of 0 on the Image/Adjustments/Saturation?

3 What does fill do, I tried looking it up on help but the result is a monocolor screen.

4 Finally, I would like to know how to apply the black frame the way u did it.

Than u very much for your workshop, and please feel free to do more if you feel so inclined as they really help.

Reagards

Daniel
  • Re: To jmfarace: Thanks for the workshop
    Hello Daniel,

Today I will give you direction on how to apply a canvas (#4 black frame) to your images using PhotoShop CS...

After you are satisfied with all of your changes to the image, adding a canvas will be your next step...

[1] file / open... pick image to add canvas to...
    [2] image / canvas size
    [3] width = 1.00 inch... height = 1.00 inch...
    [4] canvas extension color = black
    [5] ok
    [6] image / canvas size
    [7] width = .20 inch... height = .20 inch...
    [8] canvas extension color = other
    [9] pick on your photo or color pallet with curser (eyedropper)... this will be you next color...
    [10] ok / ok
    [11] image / canvas size
    [12] width = 4.00 inch... height = 4.00 inch...
    [13] canvas extension color = black
    [14] ok

Note: you can adjust the width and height and color of canvas as desired...

Let me know if my instruction were helpful...

ENJOY!!!